FAR 49 Part 26 establishes participation by Disadvataged Business Enterprises (DBE's) in Department of Transportation Financial Assistance Programs
Objectives/ Policy Statement(26.1,26.23)
The Mobile Airport Authority (MAA) has established a Disadvantaged Business Enterprise(DBE) program in accordance with the regulations of the US Department of Transporation (DOT), 49 CFR Part 26. MAA has received financial assistance from the Department of Transportation, and as a condition of receiving financial assistance, MAA has signed an assurance that it will comply with 49 CFR Part 26.
It is the policy of MAA to ensure that DBE's as defined in Part 26 have an equal opportunity to receive and participate in DOT assisted contracts. It is also the policy of MAA:
1. To ensure nondiscrimination of the awards and administration of DOT assisted contracts.
2. To create a level playing field on which DBE's can compete fairly for DOT assisted contracts.
3. To ensure that the DBE program is narrowly tailored by utilizing race neutral/race conscious means.
4. To ensure that only firms that fully meet 49 CFR Part 26 eligibility standards are permitted to participate as DBE's.
5. To help remove barriers to the participation of DBE's in DOT assisted contracts; and
6. To assist the development of firms that can compete successfully in the marketplace outside of the DBE program.
Mr. Travis Greene has been delegated as the DBE Liaison Officer. In that capacity, Mr. Greene is responsible for implementing all aspects of the DBE program. Implementation of the DBE program is accorded the same priority as compliance with all other legal obligation incurred by the Mobile Airport Authority in its financial assistance agreements with the Department of Transportation.